Tuesday 10 April 2012

Easter Fun
I have always loved Easter treats.  Especially carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.  Every year I looked forward to the bunny carrot cake my mom would make for Easter.  I continued that tradition with my own kids but this year I decided to modify the cake now that I discovered fondant.  I used the same cake recipe since it's awesome! but modified the icing some so it could hold up to the fondant on top.  I loved the fact that I could make fondant ears because other years I just used card stock or paper ears. Fondant works much better.
 Here's the bunny cake!


I also tried out making cookie Easter baskets. These are made from 7 stacked cookies with chocolate fondant handles then filled with jelly beans, chocolate eggs and a chocolate bunny cookie. from the book "Ultimate Cookies" by Julia Usher.  This book is awesome, she makes amazing cookies!
 Easter cookies in the kids Easter baskets.

No comments:

Post a Comment